Why do we need to exercise? The question has been answered in simple and innovative ways but the easy answer to the question is if you want to be healthy and happy you need to exercise.
- Exercise improves mood.Exercise is known to improve your mood, exercise makes you feel energised and reduces feeling of depression, stress and anxiety. After an exercise session you will feel positive and more equipped to handle the pressures of today’s fast paced world.
People who suffer from mental health issues can greatly benefit from exercise as it brings clarity, creates positive vibes and you will feel less irritated and stressed. It is an instant mood reliever which can greatly benefit our personal lives.
- Exercise boosts energyWhen we exercise, even moderate exercises like jogging or a brisk walk helps boost your energy levels. Physical activity results in the production of mitochondria that generate energy to power the cell’s biochemical reaction. So, the more mitochondria you produce the more active you are.
- Exercise controls weightRegular physical activity helps in maintaining weight which is essential for leading a healthy lifestyle. Regular physical activity helps in the maintenance of weight to optimal levels. Regular exercise helps burn more calories and keeps you healthy and fit. Lack of exercise make it difficult to digest calories as your metabolic rate has slowed down making it difficult to burn calories.
- Improves skinOf the numerous benefits of exercising, one of the key benefits includes a healthier looking skin as exercising stimulates blood flow in the body which helps delays the appearance of skin ageing. Not only does exercise protects the skins, but also helps delay ageing as your body is fit and active.
- Helps with memoryExercise helps boost your memory and brain function as it promotes blood flow in the body and increases oxygen to the brain. Exercise also helps in stimulating the production of hormones which promote the growth of brain cells. It helps in preventing conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease and schizophrenia.
- Good for bone and muscle healthExercise plays an important part in the development of bones and muscles in the human body. As we age, we tend to lose muscles mass and gradual loss in the ability to function. Physical exercise can help us reduce the advent of muscle mass loss as we grow older.
Exercise also helps in preventing weakening of the bones especially in women which turn brittle and weak from a condition known as osteoporosis as they age.
- Reduces chances of chronic lifelong diseasesOur sedentary lifestyle is one of the main reasons for the growing number of chronic diseases. The lack of exercise slows down the metabolism process in our body and causes significant issues to our body.
Regular exercise can prevent heart disease and the complications that comes with it, exercise reduces the chances of cholesterol, hypertension and obesity. All these physical ailments have the potential to become serious health issues with serious complications if not taken care off and the lack of exercise is a primary reason for the increasing number of people suffering from these diseases.
- Exercise reduces chances of type 2 diabetesObesity and lack of exercise is one of the main reasons for the increase in type 2 diabetes in the United States. The number of people who have some form of diabetes has reached such a vast number that it is now considered an epidemic. Regular exercise can keep type 2 diabetes at bay and as it helps in regulating weight and reduces weight.
- Helps you relax and sleepExercise is known to help you feel relaxed and have a good sleep. The quality of your sleep gets better with exercise as the energy utilised during your physical workout is restored during sleep.
- It is fun!Last, but not least, exercise can be fun as long as you let it be enjoyable. Do not make it a chore, make it an activity to be enjoyed by yourself for some me time or with friends and family. Make it a part of your life where you get to enjoy the free air and reinvigorate yourself with energy and boost your mood.
Any form of exercise is necessary for a healthy lifestyle, it is pertinent to take care of your health as it is crucial for good health and plays a vital role in every aspect of our lives. Both mental and physical. So start now!