One of the most advanced diabetes devices available is the touchscreen insulin pump by Tandem Diabetes Care. Its smart software predicts glucose levels and adjusts insulin automatically as needed. Users can choose whether they want alerts to sound each time insulin delivery is suspended. This allows you to have Basal-IQ in the background, with fewer alerts and alarms to disrupt your day-to-day.
Here are some salient features:
- The t: slim X2 insulin pump with Basal‑IQ technology predicts and helps prevent lows. It can turn insulin delivery on and off as often as every five minutes.
- No added alerts or alarms beyond standard continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) and pump notifications.
- Large color touchscreen – Easy-to-read, easy-to-use interface
- Percent of clinical study participants who said they felt very confident using the t: slim X2 insulin pump with Basal‑IQ technology.
- Insulin delivery resumes as soon as sensor glucose values begin to rise. Insulin may be suspended for a minimum of 5 minutes and a maximum of 2 hours within a 2.5-hour rolling window.
- It has a mobile app to view insulin pump and CGM data, and easily share reports with your healthcare team.
- Dexcom G6 CGM integration with the t: slim X2 pump provides exceptional accuracy for optimized insulin delivery. Dexcom G6 is the first real-time, integrated continuous glucose monitoring (iCGM) system requiring zero finger sticks for calibration or mealtime dosing.